Mississippi’s Democrats announces the Inaugural Hamer-Winter Dinner on Saturday, January 27, 2018. Senator Doug Jones, D-AL will deliver the Keynote Address. The reception and silent auction begins at 5 p.m. follow by the Dinner at 6. The venue for the Dinner is the Brandon Municipal Complex, 1000 Municipal Drive, Brandon, MS 39042.
Annual Awards to be presented include:
- CLAUDE RAMSEY AWARD presented to an individual Labor Union member or organization who has demonstrated a sustained commitment to the goals and objectives of the Democratic Party.
- THE WILLIAM F. WINTER LEGENDARY PUBLIC OFFICIAL AWARD presented to an elected official or former elected official who has demonstrated through action, word and deed a lasting and sustained commitment to the ideals, goals and objectives of the Democratic Party.
- THE FANNIE LOU HAMER AWARD presented to an individual member of the Democratic Party who best exemplifies and continues to carry forth the work, spirit and ideals of Fannie Lou Hamer.
- THE STANFORD YOUNG AWARD presented to a Democratic attorney who has consistently demonstrated through service, loyalty and dedication a genuine commitment to the ideals and goals of the Democratic Party.
- THE EVELYN GANDY LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD presented to a female Democratic activist in recognition of a lifetime of loyalty, service, giving, involvement, and commitment to the goals and objectives of the Democratic Party.
- THE YOUNG DEMOCRATS AWARD presented to the Young Democrat who exemplifies through service, loyalty and dedication a genuine commitment to the ideals and goals of the Democratic Party.
Tickets Available – Call 601-969-2913 or through ActBlue.